So 2 days and 4 recipes already gone for this Double Recipe Week but so many still have to come and one of them is here. It’s a fusion between side dish and main dish, a combination of daal(lentil) and vegetable together and also in dry way.
Just try it to explore a new way of eating. Recipe below…
SSJ’s MOONG DAAL WITH BHINDI (SPLIT GREEN-GRAM LENTIL WITH OKRA)
- Okra (Bhindi) – cut in 1 cms. Pieces , 1cup
- Moong Daal( green-gram lentil) – 1cup
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Tomato – 1small , chopped
- Whole red chilies – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp.
- Curry leaves – 10-12
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp.
- Turmeric – ½ tsp.
- Asafetida (Hing) – ¼ tsp.
- Oil – 4tbsp.
- Wash moong daal and soak in water for 15minutes. Now boil it with ½ cup of water in pressure cooker with asafetida and turmeric till one whistle and keep aside without water.
- Heat 2tbsp. oil in pan and fry okra from both side till crispy and bit golden. Keep it aside too.
- Now heat another 1tbsp. oil in same pan. Add onion and cook till onion changes color, add tomato and cook for 2minutes.
- Add salt, red chili powder and mix well.
- Add boiled moong daal now, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes under cover.
- Open cover now, add fried okra and mix very softly or okra will break down.
- Cook for 1minutes, close the gas.
- Heat 1tbsp. oil in a tadka pan, add mustard seeds, whole red chilies and when it splatter add curry leaves. Spread this tadka directly on ready dish and serve hot.
All Rights Reserved @ www.happy-eating.in